Thursday 8 October 2015

Beards of New York


These are a couple of beards I met in New York on my recent visit... 












The white bearded gent is Andre, a classical trombonist no less! 
I met him outside the Seinfeld cafe (Tom's Restaurant)uptown Manhattan and he was nice enough to allow me to take his picture for this blog... 

It's mostly a lot of fun to approach strangers in the street to ask to snap their bearded glory - they're both surprised and flattered usually and keen to be involved, it's a little bit of extra joy in both our days ^_^ My friend Gene, who also does a blog of which there is a book too) papped me popping the question - see how charming I am? haha 




The dark bearded chap is Jeff who is an actor/ barman. I met Jeff while attending the open mic night at The West on Union Ave/ Hope St in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. He said the beard had been off and on for a number of years, only ever coming off for a part... I think it really suits him tho... 

I'm going to be trawling the North West of England for awesome beards in the run up to BeerdFest 2016(our 5th birthday!)so if you know of an awesome beard in the neighbourhood I'm happy taking tips! 



No comments: